WHAT WE DO
Ask Ustaz connects the community to the scholars, with answers and understanding of the religion. Answering the community doubts. Contributing knowledgebase ilm' governed by the shafii'i school of thoughts, with the foundations of Ahlu As-Sunnah wa Al-Jamaah. We are in the mission of serving Singapore muslims and muslim community at large, in bringing the right Islamic knowledge and practises.
SEPTEMBER 2013 - Ask Ustaz was first introduced through the social media facebook, as a pre-launch campaign to crowd source Muslim communities in Singapore. This project was founded by a team of two Brothers who came forward with the same ideology, to build a platform for the Ummah to raise issues, questions to the Scholars, and/or the Asatizahs. Although, this is nothing new conceptually, they are confident that by launching it on both social media and mobile app, they will be able to reach the Ummah more effectively, as it will align with the Ummah(s) technology advancement, and most importantly at their convenience.
Ask Ustaz Team, realizes that in Singapore there were almost none dakwah group that is both technology based, and those that help to bridge the Ummah and the Scholars. During the pre-launch phase, we had opened the gate for our Muslim Brothers and Sisters to submit their questions via facebook and website. One month after the pre-launch, we garner 600 facebook fans, and received 30+ questions from user, via our pre-launch website.
MOBILE APP LAUNCH
OCTOBER 2013 - Ask Ustaz Mobile App was launch on both Apple (IOS) and Android (GooglePlay) Stores. In less than 3 days, our facebook page grew by 83% (1,100 fans) and questions received via the mobile app, grew by 230% (100 submissions). At that moment, we are still running on a two-man team; and realize we need more resources in administering the submissions. Apple Mobile App and Android Mobile App.
OFFICIAL EVENT LAUNCH
NOVEMBER 2013 - Ask Ustaz Mobile App had an official event launch, held at Sultan Mosque with more than 70 attendees. Ask Ustaz Mobile App facebook page grew more than 800% (10,000 fans) and questions received via the mobile app grew by 1,000% (1,200 submissions). 80% of the submissions are basic questions of Fardhu Ain. Total mobile app downloads has crossed 6,000 units.
“We knew their problem, we knew what they need, and who they are;
Equipped with database of submission, we will be able to effectively analyze
and implement our outreach programme to them.”
- Shah, Founder of Ask-Ustaz
WHO? - Target Audience:
Our target audience primarily are Muslims at the broad age range of 15 to 45years old, who are seeking to understand, and learn Islam on the go. Secondary audience includes Reverts, and Non-Muslim who is eager to find the truth about Islam. Geographically, Ask-Ustaz app has no boundaries and open for International use. About 10% of the submissions are from foreign countries, with Malaysia being the next runner-up.
WHY? - The Problem:
Often we knew individuals who are shy, afraid to ask and learn about Islam. These individuals may have always wanted to learn, but nothing has triggered them closer. Family members, peers and the community may have not given enough support, influence or platform for them to move forward. There are also people just like you and me, who may not be comfortable to ask our Teachers during classes. They may be too ashamed to ask in accompaniment of others.
WHAT? - Objective & Mission:
The objective of Ask-Ustaz Mobile App is to bridge the Ummah with every doubt to an answer that we can all learn and share, from the Islamic fundamentals and teachings On-The-Go (mobile). Ask-Ustaz MISSION is to continue be the Ice-Breaker and, eventually make their learning journey through local Islamic classes.
HOW? - Workflow:
Currently, upon receiving questions from the Users /Ummah via the mobile app, it will be manually filtered by our admin to further understand their question, and to which category it belongs to. Thereafter, the admin will assign the question to the Asatizah based on their area of expertise. Once the answer was drafted, admin will ensure typographical, grammatical, spelling errors or contextual/irrelevancy issues being handled, before submitting it to the vetting team. Vetting Team, which consist of few Panel of Asatizah, will then anonymously read upon the Asatizah answers to ensure relevancy with the Islamic Law and Practices, in view of Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jama’ah. Notwithstanding any discrepancies, the answers will then be release via the mobile app, facebook, and will be emailed to the questioner directly.
W O R D S O F T E S T I M O N I A L S
T H A N K Y O U F O R Y O U R K I N D W O R D S
P L E A S E K E E P U S I N Y O U R P R A Y E R S
Very handy app for all Muslims
"This app has made it truly accessible for me to ask any doubts I have. Thumbs up to the team.Keep it going. Thank you."
"Semoga Allah s.w.t. memberikan ganjaran dan pahala kepada semua yg terlibat dan yg sewaktu dengannya.. Amin..."
"الحمد لله Great App"
- Ahmad Alkaff
"MashaAllah. It's a good app from a good sources."
"Alhamdulillah finally we have an amazing app that caters to muslimin n muslimah who gave doubts n too shy to ask ustaz in person.thank you for creating such a wonderful app."
- Dean Burg
"Allah heard my doa. Amin..."
- Muhd Helmi Zulkarnain
"This is a wonderful app. Jazaaka Allaahu khaayr." - Lokman Nurhakim
"May Allah Bless those who are involved in this project" - Junaidi Jamil
"Alhamdulilah for this app. May Allah bless the ppl behind it always till Jannah! ♡♡♡" - Nur Wati
"May Allah and Rasul bless the programmer and the ones who are involved."
- Muhammad Fawzey
- Thierry Hairie
Ummah menanya ulamak menjawab
"Ajib" - Zahirudin Sulaiman
"Good 4 general knowledge"
- Muhammad Ali
Wonderfully simple yet brilliant
"Simple and direct app to lay questions and answers. Great initiative from the developers and asatizah"
- Redhwan Mohamed
"Alhamdulillah..thank you for creating such app." - Neo Fifi
"Should have it long time ago..."
- Sarwan Rahmad
Good and reliable.
"Good for those who seek knowledge on the truth about Islam and it's practices. Allahuakbar!"
- rudy hafyz
Jazakallah khairan to the...
"Jazakallah khairan to the ask ustaz team. I enjoy watching the explanations by ustaz. Ask Ustaz is a much more reliable source compared to searching for answers via the internet 😃"
- Nur Amirah
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيمالحمد لله، والصلاة والسلام على سيدنا رسول الله
"In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful, All praise to Allah and Selawat to our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam."
By accessing Ask Ustaz website, mobile app, and social media platforms, you hereby agree to our terms and conditions of our service. Thereon, you MUST observe and abide to the basic ethics in seeking knowledge.
INTRODUCTORY: Ask Ustaz was founded in 2013, to help Singapore Muslim community ask, learn and understand Islam with the use of technology. The mobile app has been the bridge between the community and the scholars/asatizahs.
Issues such as day-to-day ibadah, the rules in solat, the marriage laws, the sunnah practises, fasting and zakat are some of the common questions asked. Our asatizah(s) present their answers in view of the Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, guided with the Shafi'ie school of thoughts. Individuals who are busy, shy or afraid to ask their teachers can now use the app to send their question.
Ask Ustaz mission is to continue be the ice-breaker and eventually guide the community to continue their learning journey through local Islamic institutions. From written answer, we then started to produce video answers for our subscribers to enhance our response-time. Today, you can find our asatizahs' response in the answer library in both written and video format. May Allah SWT give us the strength, the ability, the sincerity and the resources to continue serve the ummah.
(A) ETHICS IN SEEKING KNOWLEDGE - ASKING THE SCHOLARS
One of the methods in seeking knowledge, is by asking questions to the certified Scholars that you trust. However, we as questioner or students, must observe the ethics (adab) in asking questions; with few as mentioned below.
1) Ask questions only if you've not known the answer, and not for the purpose of showing your strength/knowledge or to examine (test) others.2) Ask questions sincerely, for the purpose of learning and practising it, and not for the purpose of inciting a debate.3) Ask genuine questions that make sense. Not designed for, and those that is yet to happen.4) Ask your questions clearly, not misleading the facts and going in circle.5) Ask questions that will not offend others, or to make a comparison between the Scholars.
If you do not understand the above etiquettes, or require an explanation, please look for a reliable Scholars to clarify in person.
1) ASK-USTAZ, collectively known as ('Ask Ustaz', 'Mobile App', 'App' and 'Ask-Ustaz.com'), provides a platform whereby Muslims, Reverts and Non-Muslims can submit their questions about Islamic teachings. We ONLY answer to general and basic fundamental questions about Islamic teachings in view of Ahli Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, and we may NOT answer questions that are best answered in person through your local Islamic Teachers, Scholars, Offices and Experts.
2) We do NOT allow discussions nor debate on our platform regarding any answers we had published, be it on Mobile App, Website, Email and Social Media platform.
3) The answers provided are solely based on Individual and/or Collective view of our Asatizahs' (Ustaz and Ustazah). We do not guarantee the accuracy of their views and answers. WE STRONGLY ADVISED THAT YOU VISIT YOUR LOCAL USTAZ, SCHOLARS AND/OR ISLAMIC OFFICES/EXPERTS FOR A CLEARER AND BETTER UNDERSTANDING.
4) We reserve the rights to provide, publish your name or initials, questions and answers through all of our media from Mobile App, Website and Social Media Platform. Please use your initials instead of your full name if you want to remain anonymous.
5) All answers and content posted on our Mobile App, Website, Email and Social Media Platform, may possibly give Users/Viewers/Readers a different overview from the actual context and intent, and we shall not be responsible for the different views and understanding you may have. If such situation arises, WE STRONGLY ADVISED THAT YOU VISIT YOUR LOCAL USTAZ, SCHOLARS AND/OR ISLAMIC OFFICES/EXPERTS FOR A CLEARER AND BEST UNDERSTANDING.
6) We reserve the rights not to answer to one, or any questions that you have submitted, without any notice given. We also may NOT answer questions somewhat similar to the previous answered questions (published), submitted by other user. We are trying our best and we are seeking for your kind understanding, should we missed your questions with or without any intention, due to the constraints that we may have.
7) We will reject any questions that we deem having political, provocative, unethical, immoral, extreme views and implications to any individual, group or religion without any prior notice.
9) You as the user, reader, viewer, fans or follower of Ask-Ustaz, indemnifies Ask-Ustaz, including the Founder, Principal, Admins, Team Members, Asatizahs' (Ustaz and Ustazah), Volunteers against any actions, suits, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, compensation, sums of money, costs (including solicitor and client costs), charges and expenses arising out of the usage of our Mobile App, Website, Social Media Platform and Email.
10) Ask Ustaz team welcome any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions that you might have. Please send feedback to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
May Allah accept and reward us in our learning journey.Let us bear witness that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad (PBUH) is the last Prophet.
Jazakumullah Khair and BarakAllah Feekum.AdminAsk-Ustaz.com Team