بسم الله الرحمن الرحيمالحمد لله، والصلاة والسلام على سيدنا رسول الله
"In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful, All praise to Allah and Selawat to our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam."
By accessing Ask Ustaz website, mobile app, and social media platforms, you hereby agree to our terms and conditions of our service. Thereon, you MUST observe and abide to the basic ethics in seeking knowledge.
INTRODUCTORY: Ask Ustaz was founded in 2013, to help Singapore Muslim community ask, learn and understand Islam with the use of technology. The mobile app has been the bridge between the community and the scholars/asatizahs.
Issues such as day-to-day ibadah, the rules in solat, the marriage laws, the sunnah practises, fasting and zakat are some of the common questions asked. Our asatizah(s) present their answers in view of the Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, guided with the Shafi'ie school of thoughts. Individuals who are busy, shy or afraid to ask their teachers can now use the app to send their question.
Ask Ustaz mission is to continue be the ice-breaker and eventually guide the community to continue their learning journey through local Islamic institutions. From written answer, we then started to produce video answers for our subscribers to enhance our response-time. Today, you can find our asatizahs' response in the answer library in both written and video format. May Allah SWT give us the strength, the ability, the sincerity and the resources to continue serve the ummah.
(A) ETHICS IN SEEKING KNOWLEDGE - ASKING THE SCHOLARS
One of the methods in seeking knowledge, is by asking questions to the certified Scholars that you trust. However, we as questioner or students, must observe the ethics (adab) in asking questions; with few as mentioned below.
1) Ask questions only if you've not known the answer, and not for the purpose of showing your strength/knowledge or to examine (test) others.2) Ask questions sincerely, for the purpose of learning and practising it, and not for the purpose of inciting a debate.3) Ask genuine questions that make sense. Not designed for, and those that is yet to happen.4) Ask your questions clearly, not misleading the facts and going in circle.5) Ask questions that will not offend others, or to make a comparison between the Scholars.
If you do not understand the above etiquettes, or require an explanation, please look for a reliable Scholars to clarify in person.
1) ASK-USTAZ, collectively known as ('Ask Ustaz', 'Mobile App', 'App' and 'Ask-Ustaz.com'), provides a platform whereby Muslims, Reverts and Non-Muslims can submit their questions about Islamic teachings. We ONLY answer to general and basic fundamental questions about Islamic teachings in view of Ahli Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, and we may NOT answer questions that are best answered in person through your local Islamic Teachers, Scholars, Offices and Experts.
2) We do NOT allow discussions nor debate on our platform regarding any answers we had published, be it on Mobile App, Website, Email and Social Media platform.
3) The answers provided are solely based on Individual and/or Collective view of our Asatizahs' (Ustaz and Ustazah). We do not guarantee the accuracy of their views and answers. WE STRONGLY ADVISED THAT YOU VISIT YOUR LOCAL USTAZ, SCHOLARS AND/OR ISLAMIC OFFICES/EXPERTS FOR A CLEARER AND BETTER UNDERSTANDING.
4) We reserve the rights to provide, publish your name or initials, questions and answers through all of our media from Mobile App, Website and Social Media Platform. Please use your initials instead of your full name if you want to remain anonymous.
5) All answers and content posted on our Mobile App, Website, Email and Social Media Platform, may possibly give Users/Viewers/Readers a different overview from the actual context and intent, and we shall not be responsible for the different views and understanding you may have. If such situation arises, WE STRONGLY ADVISED THAT YOU VISIT YOUR LOCAL USTAZ, SCHOLARS AND/OR ISLAMIC OFFICES/EXPERTS FOR A CLEARER AND BEST UNDERSTANDING.
6) We reserve the rights not to answer to one, or any questions that you have submitted, without any notice given. We also may NOT answer questions somewhat similar to the previous answered questions (published), submitted by other user. We are trying our best and we are seeking for your kind understanding, should we missed your questions with or without any intention, due to the constraints that we may have.
7) We will reject any questions that we deem having political, provocative, unethical, immoral, extreme views and implications to any individual, group or religion without any prior notice.
9) You as the user, reader, viewer, fans or follower of Ask-Ustaz, indemnifies Ask-Ustaz, including the Founder, Principal, Admins, Team Members, Asatizahs' (Ustaz and Ustazah), Volunteers against any actions, suits, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, compensation, sums of money, costs (including solicitor and client costs), charges and expenses arising out of the usage of our Mobile App, Website, Social Media Platform and Email.
10) Ask Ustaz team welcome any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions that you might have. Please send feedback to us by email email@example.com
May Allah accept and reward us in our learning journey.Let us bear witness that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad (PBUH) is the last Prophet.
Jazakumullah Khair and BarakAllah Feekum.AdminAsk-Ustaz.com Team